I love To Do lists. I write Post-Its for things that haven’t made it to a list, but I don’t want to forget to do in the short-term. That’s not to say that everything I put on a list gets done, but hey, congratulations for making it to the list you sweet little To Do, you!
So here’s a list of things I want to focus on/accomplish this year:
- Read 4 books – Not sure why finishing a book became so difficult after I went back to school a few years ago, but it did.
- Keep up the Debediah project – We really need to start the videos, but in the meantime, I should try to work on the comic once a week or so.
- Learn to play an instrument – I’ve always wanted to learn to play the piano, but they’re expensive, take up too much space, and are too loud for an apartment. I considered the ukulele instead. Then, I remembered that I still have a keyboard at my dad’s. When I told my dad about my plans, he ranted about how much he hates ukuleles. Who knew? The keyboard isn’t the piano, but it’s close enough for me for now.
- Lose 12 lbs – In all honesty, this is partly in vain because society seems to hate fat people. I will never be a size 0 (and really don’t want to be) or even a size 6. However, I have asthma, joint and muscle problems, migraines, and so much more. Some of that is hereditary, but some of it is because the strain of all this extra weight on my small frame is just too much. Losing a pound a month is a manageable goal that should improve my health.
- Workout 1 hour per week – (See above.) Exercise has benefits besides losing weight, but I can’t do 2 hours of cardio and Pilates everyday. I have learned the hard (read: painful) way that I cannot workout more than 20 minutes a day and cannot push myself too hard when I do workout. If I don’t workout at all, I feel like crap. Moderation. Blah.
- Knit 4 projects – Knitting is kinda like reading for me.
- Work on The Comic – My friend, Evelyn, and I developed a story for a comic last year and she drew some prelim sketches. Since our schedules conflict, I’m going to write the story and dialogue in detail, and then she’ll do the art. This is strictly for fun, so we don’t have deadlines, but I’d like to get it done by the end of the year. We’ll see.
- Keep up this blog – Three times a week.
- Practice drawing/Gimp/Inkscape – Practice Gimp/Inkscape for this blog and Gimp/drawing for the Debediah comic. I found some free online tutorials, so I’m gong to make the most of them.
- Learn to code – Why not?
Best of luck to me with meeting my goals! Aww, thanks, me!