It’s the time of year when all I see on the internet, TV, and magazines are gift lists. 25 Gifts under $25! 42 Gifts for Geeks! 117 Gifts for the Elderly! Since I love lists so much, I decided to offer up my own list of Christmas gift ideas. Since I procrastinated about it so much, it is a list of last minute ideas. All of the items on this list are also featured on my Pinterest board, so mosey on over there to check it out!
ANGELA’S TOP TEN LAST MINUTE GIFT IDEAS FOR CHRISTMAS 2014
I hope you heard trumpets heralding in this list, because that’s what I’m hearing as I type it. Then again, that could be the repercussions of growing up with a half-deaf guitar-playing dad. Either way, let’s get to the list!
- Christmas Mix Tape – Or CD or USB drive…? Don’t hate. I love ’em. I listen to Christmas songs after Thanksgiving and before New Years, and that’s it. Keep the Christmas in Christmas Songs, right?
- Christmas Cookies – I love cookies all year long, but for some reason, it’s more acceptable for people to eat Christmas cookies. Only humbugs don’t gorge on Christmas cookies. Erica and I keep seeing all these recipes for peanut butter blossoms, which are good, but they’re not my favorite. I actually have a cookie press that I have only ever used for frosting. I’m thinking of busting it out this year for shortbread cookies, but there are also these exciting meringue cookies and cute reindeer cookies too. I can’t decide!
- Keurig — They range widely in price, but I got a mini Keurig about 3 years ago from QVC for around $80 and I love it. The cups can be expensive, but you can use one of those 20% off coupons from Bed, Bath & Beyond that we get in the mail, or get a reusable K-Cup for less than the cost of most things at Starbucks..
- Shaving Stuff for Dudes — Men deserve to be pampered too. Considering their willingness to take knives to their faces on a regular basis, it’s always a nice gesture to give them some fancy shaving stuffs to tell them that you like their faces and hope they don’t chop off any chunks.
- Storage — I tend to buy Christmas ornaments and gift wrap after Christmas so that I don’t have to sell my non-existent first born child for some paper and plastic dolls. I store my clearanced goods in organized bins of various types. I’ve been storing my gift wrap in paper shopping bags for years, but I’m thinking of upping my game and seeing if I can find something like this for cheap after Christmas. Then again, $13 is such a good price, I could buy it as a gift for myself right now…
- Socks- Or should I say, Socks! They keep your toes nice and toasty, make your feet look adorable, and fun socks are always a conversation starter.
- Stationery – You can buy some classy stuff or some funny stuff. Just know your audience, alrighty?
- Pajamas – We got all the kids pajamas this year. I even got some for Ben and got some for me from him. We both have holes in our PJs and there was a really good deal at Old Navy. So, if you’re on a budget, go the Old Navy route. If you can spare a bit more, hit up TJ Maxx.
- Wallets – Tell me that you know a guy who doesn’t have a busted up wallet that desperately needs replacing. That’s what I thought. There are some pretty cool geeky wallets out there, but also classic wallets for not much more money.
- Books – Yeah, you know those block-shaped things filled with pages and writing? They’re still fun to read and make great gifts. You might have to explain to younger readers that there is no power button and no place to enter a password, but they’ll get the hang of it soon enough.
I’m going to go wrap the presents that I’ve already bought for people. Hope you all enjoy some time off with your family, friends, pets, good food, and warm blankets. Merry Christmas!